Apply for a Grant
The Foundation encourages you to discuss your application ideas with program staff in advance of submission. Given the current challenges of the pandemic, we seek to be flexible and responsive to support the important work of our nonprofit sector.
General Eligibility Criteria
Please be sure to view the specific criteria and deadline for each of our grant programs. Here are some general eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, schools, municipal or governmental agencies, or partner with a nonprofit fiscal agent. We do not make grants to individuals or for-profit endeavors.
- Applicants must serve one or more of the 42 communities in Eastern Connecticut.
- We do not provide funding for capital or endowment campaigns, litigation costs, religious programming, endowment campaigns, deficit funding or debt retirement. We do not typically make grants for special events.
- Applicants may not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state and/or local laws.
- Grant reports must be received before a new grant award is made.
Recommended browsers for our website are Chrome or Firefox.