Apply for a Grant
We aim to make our grant application process as streamlined as possible.
General Eligibility Criteria
Please be sure to view the specific criteria and deadline for each of our grant programs. Here are some general eligibility criteria:
- Applicants generally must be 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, schools, municipal or governmental agencies, or partner with a nonprofit fiscal agent. We do not make grants to individuals or to for-profit endeavors.
- Applicants must serve one or more of the 42 communities in Eastern Connecticut.
- We do not provide funding for capital or endowment campaigns, litigation costs, religious programming, endowment campaigns, deficit funding or debt retirement. We do not typically make grants for special events.
- Applicants may not discriminate against any person or group of persons on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state and/or local laws.
- Grant reports must be received before a new grant award is made.