About Norwich Youth Grants
Norwich Youth Grants support youth development programs and services for economically and socially disadvantaged Norwich youth, to help fill the gap in services left by the closing of the YMCA of Southeastern CT.
This grant opportunity aligns with our Empower Youth and Basic Needs & Rights strategic priorities. We are able to offer this grant opportunity due to the generous legacy gifts of Grace & Lewis Sears and Jeannette Frisbie.
Priority is given to programs that empower youth:
- enhance quality early childhood education and intervention services;
- support mentoring programs that encourage relationships between youth and caring adults;
- support access to programs that promote mental and physical health as well as those that address disconnected youth;
- enhance educational opportunities in science, literacy, arts and culture, especially for those that use experiential learning;
- support post-secondary education access and job readiness;
- support youth-led social change and elevate the voices of youth in program planning.
Grantmaking will not exclusively address these desired outcomes, but the Foundation will look for opportunities to contribute to problem-solving and strengthening the systems that address these issues for Norwich youth.
What We Will Fund
Preference is given to programs that:
- are offered by Norwich-based organizations
- seek to eliminate racism and societal inequities;
- incorporate the voices of youth and their families in planning;
- are collaborative in nature and are rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches;
- include specific and measurable outcomes and affect positive change over the long term.
Eligible applicants may submit grant requests of up to $15,000. Few grants are made at the maximum amount.
Please review our General Eligibility Criteria for Grants
We recommend that grant seekers contact us before beginning an application. First-time applicants to this cycle are required to have an initial conversation with the Foundation before applying. Contact: Deb Battit, Program Officer, email@example.com or 860-442-3572.
Deadlines and Notifications
- Applications must be submitted by 5pm on Wednesday, January 13, 2021.
- Final decisions will be made and applicants will be notified by the end of April 2021.