Apply for a Scholarship
If you are a resident of one of our 42 towns or Westerly, Rhode Island, or meet the eligibility criteria of a scholarship for which there is a specific application, you are invited to apply.
To begin, click “Apply Here” for the appropriate application link below. You will be asked to create a free account with SmarterSelect.com, our online scholarship system. Note: If you established a SmarterSelect account for a previous scholarship application to us, the “Apply Here” button will bring you to a log-in screen.
You may need to work on your application over time. Once in SmarterSelect, you can save your application at any point and return to it later.
- Read all instructions thoroughly and pay close attention to deadlines. See also FAQs
- Apply using an email address that you will continue to use after the school year ends.
- Use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for the best user interface with SmarterSelect.
- Make sure your essay fits in the space provided. If it is too long, edit it to fit the maximum word count.
- Submit attachments as a Word or PDF document. Do not include video or audio clips of any kind.
- Save a copy of your SmarterSelect application for your records.
- Supporting documentation that cannot be attached to the online application may be mailed to: Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 68 Federal Street, New London, CT 06320.
Start Your Application Here