Apply for a Scholarship
If you are a resident of one of our 42 towns or Westerly, Rhode Island, or meet the eligibility criteria of a scholarship for which there is a specific application, you are invited to apply.
Please Note: Scholarships applications are currently closed for 2019. Applications for the next scholarship season will be online in early February 2020.
To begin, click “Apply Here” for the appropriate application link below. You will be asked to create a free account with SmarterSelect.com, our online scholarship system. Note: If you established a SmarterSelect account for a previous scholarship application to us, the “Apply Here” button will bring you to a log-in screen.
You may need to work on your application over time. Once in SmarterSelect, you can save your application at any point and return to it later.
- Read all instructions thoroughly and pay close attention to deadlines. See also FAQs
- Apply using an email address that you will continue to use after the school year ends.
- Use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for the best user interface with SmarterSelect.
- Make sure your essay fits in the space provided. If it is too long, edit it to fit the maximum word count.
- Submit attachments as a Word or PDF document. Do not include video or audio clips of any kind.
- Save a copy of your SmarterSelect application for your records.
- Supporting documentation that cannot be attached to the online application may be mailed to: Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 68 Federal Street, New London, CT 06320.
Start Your Application Here