About Our Scholarships
The scholarship funds we offer were established by generous individuals, families, businesses and nonprofit organizations interested in helping area students pursue their educational dreams and establish rewarding careers.
More Than 250 Scholarships Available
- 113 different funds offer more than 250 scholarships that benefit area students
- More than $6 million in scholarships awarded since 1983
- In 2018, over $709,000 awarded to 276 students
Most of the scholarships are for high school seniors and college students living in the 42 communities we serve in Eastern Connecticut. A few of them are also open to students living in Westerly, Rhode Island. Some also may be awarded to non-traditional students who wish to further their education.
Specific scholarships are available to:
General Eligibility Criteria
We invite you to review the scholarships that are currently available to see which you may be eligible for and if you are, we encourage you to submit an application. Please be aware:
- Each scholarship has its own eligibility criteria, which can be specific to the town you live in, the school you go to, your intended field of study or other criteria.
- Scholarships range from a one-time award of $500 to awards of up to $5,000 a year for four years.
- Norwich Area
If you live in the towns of Norwich, Bozrah, Colchester, Franklin, Griswold, Lebanon, Lisbon, Preston, Sprague or Voluntown.
- Southeast Area
If you live the towns of East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Salem, Stonington, or Waterford.
- Windham Area
If you live in the towns of Ashford, Chaplin, Columbia, Coventry, Mansfield, Scotland, Stafford, Union, Willington or Windham/Willimantic.
- Northeast Area
If you live in the towns of Brooklyn, Canterbury, Eastford, Hampton, Killingly, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Sterling, Thompson or Woodstock.
- Westerly, Rhode Island
- Community Foundation of Eastern CT 42-Town Region