Initiative for Nonprofit Excellence
The Community Foundation knows that strong nonprofits mean vibrant communities.
The Initiative for Nonprofit Excellence strengthens and sustains community agencies so that they can more effectively meet their missions to aid, educate, improve and protect the lives of people and our natural environment throughout the region. We offer an array of workshops, convening and grant opportunities that seek to improve an organization's management, operations, finances, governance and planning.
- We partner with the Public Library of New London's Nonprofit Resource Center to support its monthly workshop series.
- We host seminars for nonprofit leaders on topics of general interest.
- We offer capacity-building grants to nonprofits in Southeastern Connecticut and to environmentally focused nonprofit groups.
- We convene public and private partners to facilitate and support collaborative efforts around key issues in our region.
- We provide nonprofits and their donors with strategic counsel and assistance on developing planned giving and major gifts, and partner with nonprofits to help them grow their endowments and generate a reliable revenue stream.
We are always available for consultation with nonprofit staff, board members or donors. Please contact us if we can be of assistance to you.
Other Nonprofit Resources
The following offer additional information on philanthropy, nonprofit governance, fundraising, and more: