Online Grants Center
The Online Grants Center is the Community Foundation’s system for managing online applications and grants.
How it works:
A grant applicant creates an account in the Online Grants Center, and then logs on to that account to access the list of available grants and start a new grant application. An application can be saved as a draft, and it’s easy to log on again later and return to that draft, make edits, and submit the application. Each account maintains a record of the application history that can be accessed at any time.
Once a grant is awarded, the Online Grants Center allows grantees an easy way to see the status of their grant, check due dates, and submit electronic grant reports right from their account.
Read the instructions and reference materials found on this page carefully before registering and starting your first application.
Creating your online account
All applicants are required to create an account. We suggest creating your account well in advance of the grant deadline to avoid any last-minute issues. At the time of registration, you are required to enter the following:
- A username that is an email address
- Your contact information
- Your organization’s information, including the EIN/Tax ID number (required)
- Contact information for the organization’s Chief Executive Officer
Managing your online account – for organizations
The first person to register enters the organization’s information, which creates the organization profile. It’s important to enter this information accurately at registration, because after this point the organization profile can only be edited by Community Foundation staff. For an organization to easily view its full history of grants and requests, we recommend consolidating all applications into one user account. (Additional users can be added by Community Foundation staff.) If you have questions or need guidance, please contact email@example.com or 860.442.3572.
Managing your online account – for users
Once your account is set up, your account dashboard is displayed on screen every time you log on. From the dashboard, you can do the following:
- Edit your contact information
- Begin the application process
- Access application drafts and submitted applications
- View details and complete grant reports
A user account can only be connected to one organization at a time. If you are a grant writer for multiple organizations, you will need to register separately, using a different email address for each organization.
Helpful tips when applying
- For the best user experience on our Online Grants Center, we suggest using web browser Google Chrome 14 or higher, Firefox 9 or higher, or Safari 4 or higher. We do not recommend using Internet Explorer to access the Online Grants Center.
- We encourage you to read our Grant FAQs & Tips before beginning the application process.
- Grant awards must be paid to a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit or to a municipal agency, such as a public school. All other grantees need to use a fiscal sponsor.
Please read these helpful tips before creating your new account:
- Applicant Tutorial
- Registration and Log-on
- Online System Tips
- Online Grants Center FAQs
Click one of the buttons below to create your account and apply for a grant:
Regional Impact Grants
Environmental and Animal Welfare Grants