About Willimantic Welfare Bureau Fund Grants
We support programs and services designed to promote self-sufficiency for residents of the Town of Windham through education and employment.
Priority is given to programs that:
- promote individual and family economic security;
- increase food security and access to nutritious food;
- decrease homelessness through programs that promote diversion and intervention.
What We Will Fund
These grants must be for the benefit of residents of the town of Windham.
Preference is given to programs that:
- seek to eliminate racism and societal inequities;
- incorporate the voices of clients/consumers in planning;
- are rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches;
- include specific, measurable outcomes.
Eligible applicants may submit grant requests for up to $8,000. Few grants are made at the maximum amount.
Please review our General Eligibility Criteria for Grants
We recommend that grant seekers contact us before beginning an application. First-time applicants to this cycle are required to have an initial conversation with the Foundation before applying. Contact: Deb Battit, Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-442-3572.
Deadlines and Notifications
- Applications must be submitted by 5pm on Wednesday, December 16, 2020.
- Final decisions will be made and applicants will be notified in February 2021.