About the Southeast Area Women & Girls Fund Grants
Join us in empowering women and girls across Eastern Connecticut.
Read more about the history of our Women & Girls Funds
Grant Limits & Criteria
- Eligible applicants may submit grant requests for amounts between $2,000 and $10,000.
- Please review our General Eligibility Criteria for Grants
- Grants must be for the benefit of women and girls in East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Salem, Stonington and Waterford.
- We recommend that all grantseekers speak with Jennifer O’Brien, program director, before beginning a Grant Application. You can reach her at JennOB@cfect.org or 860-442-3572.
Our Decision-Making Process
In accordance with Our Grantmaking Priorities, preference will be given to programs that:
- empower women and girls to make positive life decisions;
- promote healthy relationships and reduce domestic violence;
- advance family economic security and help women enter or re-enter the workforce; and
- enable older women (age 62 and up) with limited incomes in New London to remain in their homes.
Additional preference is given to programs that demonstrate collaboration among service providers.
Deadlines To Note
- Grant Applications are accepted through 5:00 pm, Monday, October 2, 2017.
- Grants will be awarded by early December.
Read more about Recent Grantees