About the Southeast Area Women & Girls Fund Grants
Join us in empowering women and girls across Eastern Connecticut.
Read more about the history of our Women & Girls Funds
Grant Limits & Criteria
- Eligible applicants may submit grant requests for amounts between $2,000 and $10,000.
- Please review our General Eligibility Criteria for Grants
- Grants must be for the benefit of women and girls in East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Salem, Stonington and Waterford.
- We recommend that all grantseekers speak with Jennifer O’Brien, program director, before beginning a Grant Application. You can reach her at JennOB@cfect.org or 860-442-3572.
Our Decision-Making Process
Our grantmaking priorities reflect the challenges identified in The Status of Women and Girls in Eastern Connecticut to advance the equity and wellbeing of women and girls by:
- Empowering women and girls to make positive decisions
- Promoting healthy relationships and preventing domestic violence
- Advancing family economic security
- Supporting access to women's health, mental health and reproductive health services
- Supporting public policy, advocacy and leadership to promote equity
- Helping New London women, age 62 and older, with limited incomes to remain in their homes
Additional preference is given to programs that demonstrate collaboration among service providers.
Deadlines To Note
- Grant Applications are accepted through 5:00 pm, Monday, October 1, 2018.
- Grants will be awarded by early December.
Read more about Recent Grantees