About Animal Welfare Grants
We strive to ensure that our region provides for the adequate protection, care and humane treatment of animals and wildlife. For 2019, the Foundation will consider animal welfare grants that benefit any of the 42 towns in our region.
Priority will be given to programs that:
- provide veterinary care for domestic and wild animals, especially spay and neuter services;
- encourage responsible pet ownership and the adoption of abandoned animals;
- rehabilitate wildlife for return to natural habitats; and
- make positive, therapeutic connections between people and animals.
What We Will Fund
These grants must be for the benefit of the residents of the 42 towns in our region, which includes the towns of Ashford, Bozrah, Brooklyn, Canterbury, Chaplin, Colchester, Columbia, Coventry, Eastford, East Lyme, Franklin, Griswold, Groton, Hampton, Killingly, Lebanon, Ledyard, Lisbon, Lyme, Mansfield, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Norwich, Old Lyme, Plainfield, Pomfret, Preston, Putnam, Salem, Scotland, Sprague, Stafford, Sterling, Stonington, Thompson, Union, Voluntown, Waterford, Willington, Windham and Woodstock.
Preference is given to programs that are:
- collaborative in nature;
- regional in scope;
- promote systems change;
- rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches;
- serve lower-income communities;
- serve at-risk animals;
- include specific, measurable outcomes; and
- affect positive change over the long term.
We will also consider:
- grants for existing programs, new initiatives or special projects;
- a limited number of public policy and general operating grants, made by invitation only, as part of a pilot project for 2019;
- capacity-building grants (please call to discuss);
- a limited number of grants if the applicant can demonstrate impact.
(Note: a new policy for three-year grants requires taking a fourth year off from funding.)
Contact Jennifer O’Brien, Program Director, at JennOB@cfect.org or 860-442-3572 with questions or to discuss a proposal.
Eligible applicants may submit grant requests of $5,000 to $35,000.
Please review our General Eligibility Criteria for Grants
Deadlines and Notifications
- The link to the grant application will be available on our website by November 1, 2018.
- Applications must be submitted by 5pm on Monday, January 14, 2019.
- Final decisions will be made and applicants will be notified by the end of April 2019.