06/29/21: Navigating Truth in a Changing Media Landscape
Join John Dankosky as he moderates a panel discussion about assessing fact and fiction in the current media landscape. They will explore strategies that media consumers can adopt, and ask:
- How do the dynamics of consuming information differ across generations?
- How do these differences in media consumption lead to disinformation and disagreement over truth?
- How does the historical journalistic role of checks, balance, and context operate in the new landscape?
- John Silva, Senior Director of Education and Training at the News Literacy Project
- Marie Shanahan, Associate professor of journalism at the University of Connecticut
- Izaskun "Sassy" Larrañeta, deputy managing editor of The Day of New London
Register Now for the June 29th Event
This event is sponsored by the CT Mirror and the Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut.