About Our Scholarships
One of the chief philanthropic priorities of our donors is helping young people living in Eastern Connecticut obtain a good education and establish rewarding careers.
More Than 250 Scholarships Available
- Our donors have established 102 different scholarship funds that benefit area students.
- We have awarded more than $5 million in scholarships since we were founded in 1983.
- In 2016 alone, we awarded over $580,000 in scholarships to more than 250 local students.
The scholarship funds offered through our foundation were established by generous individuals, families, businesses and nonprofit organizations interested in helping area students pursue their educational dreams.
- Most of the scholarships are for students living in the 42 communities we serve in Eastern Connecticut. Two of them – the Pfizer and Nunes Scholarships – are also open to students living in Westerly, Rhode Island.
- Most of our scholarships are intended for high school seniors and college students. Some also may be awarded to non-traditional students who wish to further their education.
General Eligibility Criteria
We invite you to review the scholarships that are currently available to see which you may be eligible for and if you are, we encourage you to submit an application. Please be aware:
- Each scholarship has its own eligibility criteria, which can be specific to the town you live in, the school you go to, your intended field of study or other criteria.
- Scholarships range from a one-time award of $500 to awards of up to $5,000 a year for four years.
- Norwich Area
If you live in the towns of Norwich, Bozrah, Colchester, Franklin, Griswold, Lebanon, Lisbon, Preston, Sprague or Voluntown.
- Southeast Area
If you live the towns of East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Salem, Stonington, or Waterford.
- Windham Area
If you live in the towns of Ashford, Chaplin, Columbia, Coventry, Mansfield, Scotland, Stafford, Union, Willington or Windham/Willimantic.
- Northeast Area
If you live in the towns of Brooklyn, Canterbury, Eastford, Hampton, Killingly, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Sterling, Thompson or Woodstock.