About Norwich Youth Grants
Norwich Youth Grants support youth development programs and services for economically and socially disadvantaged Norwich youth, to help fill the gap in services left by the closing of the YMCA of Southeastern CT in Norwich.
This grant opportunity aligns with our Empower Youth and Basic Needs & Rights strategic priorities. We are able to offer this grant opportunity due to the generous legacy gifts of Grace & Lewis Sears and Jeannette Frisbie.
Priority is given to programs that empower youth:
- enhance quality early childhood education and intervention services;
- support mentoring programs that encourage relationships between youth and caring adults;
- support access to programs that promote mental and physical health as well as those that address disconnected youth;
- enhance educational opportunities in science, literacy, arts and culture, especially for those that use experiential learning;
- support post-secondary education access and job readiness.
Grantmaking will not exclusively address these desired outcomes, but the Foundation will look for opportunities to contribute to problem-solving and strengthening the systems that address these issues for Norwich youth.
What We Will Fund
Preference is given to programs that:
- are offered by Norwich-based organizations
are collaborative in nature and are rooted in evidence-based, solution-oriented approaches;
- include specific and measurable outcomes and affect positive change over the long term;
Eligible applicants may submit grant requests between $5,000-$15,000.
Please review our General Eligibility Criteria for Grants
We recommend that grant seekers begin by contacting Deb Battit, Program Officer. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines and Notifications
LOI applications are due by 5pm on November 1, 2017. Applicants will be informed of the committee’s decision regarding whether or not to invite a full proposal for 2017 funding in late December.
- Full proposals are due by 5pm on Monday, January 22, 2018.
- Final decisions will be made and applicants will be notified by April 2018.