Welcome, Scholarship Donors
One of our top priorities is helping area donors establish personally meaningful scholarship funds that enable students to obtain a good education and rewarding careers. The Foundation has been managing scholarship funds since its creation in 1983. We now hold 113 scholarship funds with total assets of exceeding $15 million.
Opening Doors to Educational Opportunities
When you establish a scholarship fund at the Foundation, you are investing in the future of local young people and/or non-traditional students who wish to further their education on the path to a bright, productive future. Together with our generous donors, we have helped more than 2,000 students advance their education, most of whom are from low to middle-income families and very often, the first in their families to attend college. Read more about Why Donors Choose Us
Each scholarship fund established is as unique as the donor who created it. However, please keep in mind that the more requirements you have, the more difficult it can be to find an appropriate candidate.
- Each fund is named by the donor or donors who create it; each remains as a distinct and separate scholarship in the community; and each is wisely invested and managed to be able to award scholarships in perpetuity.
- Donors can also choose to partner with other like-minded donors and nonprofit organizations for greater reach and impact.
- Rather than create their own fund, donors can choose to make a gift to any one of the scholarship funds we already maintain. Read more about how to Give to an Existing Fund
- We promote the scholarships to students, families and schools, manage the application process, convene committees to choose the award recipients, and cut the checks to the appropriate colleges and universities.
- Hundreds of area donors have entrusted the stewardship of their charitable funds to our care.
Solid Financial Stewardship
- We offer a professional level of fiduciary management that ensures donors’ charitable wishes are executed faithfully and philanthropic investments earn solid returns. Read more about Our Financial Accountability
- We report regularly and transparently on all investments, returns, grants and scholarships.
- Based on their wishes, we are protective of their privacy or we work with them to publicize their charitable endeavors.
Read more about setting up a Scholarship Fund at the Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut.
If you are interested in starting a scholarship fund, we would welcome the opportunity to work with you. Please contact Alison Woods, Vice President and Chief Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.442.3572 for more information.