Give Later: Leave a Legacy
Join dozens of other area donors in our Legacy Society by establishing a charitable fund as part of your estate planning.
Many donors like to create funds now that they will contribute to later through their estate plans. Future Funds – more commonly known as Planned Gifts – give donors the opportunity to provide for their community after first providing for their loved ones, and provide a lasting testament to their personal values and charitable passions.
- There are many planned-giving options to aid you in remembering the communities and causes that are important to you.
- Planned Gifts can be funded through Bequests made in wills and trusts, through beneficiary designations in retirement and life insurance policies, as well as through the creation of financial vehicles such as Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts and Charitable Gift Annuities.
- Depending on how they are funded and structured, some Future Funds can provide you (or another individual you designate) with lifelong income, and valuable tax advantages when your estate is settled. Some can even provide immediate tax benefits and tax-free income.
- Many donors choose to create a legacy through a simple Bequest in their wills. Read more about Bequests
- The same assets you can use to create an immediate fund can be used to create a future one. Read more about Gifts We Accept
- We recommend you consult with your professional advisors on Future Funds to determine which of your assets are best given to charity and which are best given to heirs, as well as which fund type best meets your personal financial needs. Read more about Types of Funds
- Donors who establish Future Funds with us are invited to join our Legacy Society, a select group of area donors who have informed us of their plans to leave a legacy to the community through a fund at our foundation.
We stand ready to walk you through the choices and help identify the best options for you. We would be happy to answer your questions or set up a meeting to discuss a gift. Contact Alison Woods, Vice President and Chief Development Officer, at email@example.com or 860-442-3572.